Import of WAEBRU component file
A component file created with the application package WAEBRU V6.0 can be
imported into AnTherm and automatically converted into AnTherm project file
nearly without any changes.
Please observe following remarks:
- A .2BT file (a two dimensional WAEBRU model) will be converted to
AnTherm's 2D project
- A .3BT file (a three dimensional WAEBRU model) will be converted to
layered 3D project
- If there is a raster-file corresponding to the imported WAEBRU component
available within the same folder (name.2RA or name.3RA), rasterising
parameters used to create this file (and stored within it) will be imported
also and converted to
fine grid parameters of the AnTherm's project.
- Each "power source" element of a WAEBRU model is converted into two
respective elements of AnTherm. The first one as a material element and the
second element as power source extent of same dimensions - overlapping the
corresponding material element.
- Names of component groups and components assigned to elements within the WAEBRU
file are converted to group assignments of each element.
- Element coordinates stored within WAEBRU file are always read rounded at
- Project description is transferred unchanged from WAEBRU file.
- Reinforcing bars (neither diagonal nor parallel to axes) will not be
imported in current version!
the import of a WAEBRU file <name>.?BT AnTherm will also attempt importing a
corresponding vapour model from a subfolder DAMPF (created with MueInp - an internal DAMPFBRU
tool) thus loading the vapour transfer coefficients (µ) also.
If the imported WAEBRU file originated from an instationary (transient,
variant of WAEBRU (iwaebru), AnTherm will import heat capacity and mass
density (ρ and c) properties of materials
Remark: Some imported WAEBRU component files can contain
coordinate values saved with rounding errors due to (that time common) number
representation. To compensate for such rounding errors AnTherm will always round
coordinates read from the WAEBRU file at third desimal position (WAEBRU allows
entry of only to decimal places, but it writes four decimal places to the file
Following arguments of the WAEBRU file are concerned: Ex1, Ex2, Ey1, Ey2, Edis, BGDicke.
If the import from a WAEBRU file is not successful an error
message will be shown. The resulting AnTherm project will be empty.
Remark: A WAEBRU file can be dragged from windows file explorer and
dropped over the main application window as a shortcut for quick
See also: Working with files